August 6, 2018
Dear MLMS Students and Parents/Guardians:
Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year! Welcome back to all of our returning Mountaineers! A special welcome to our incoming 6th graders and new 7th and 8th grade students!
Our mission at Mount Logan Middle School is to ensure all students leave MLMS ready to create a positive future for themselves and their community. As a school staff we commit to:
- Making decisions based on what is best for student learning.
- Taking the time to get to know student needs and assisting students based upon those needs.
- Creating highly interactive and engaging learning environments in each classroom.
- Creating an environment in which each student and adult feels safe in the learning process.
Parents we ask for your continued involvement in your child's education. Please help your child...
- To be in attendance at school every day possible.
- By talking with them daily about what is being learned at school.
- By following up with daily homework.
- By communicating with administration and teachers when you have celebrations, questions and concerns related to your child's learning.
Students, we ask that you do everything possible to be in attendance and on time to each class. We ask that you...
- Commit to giving 100% each day to the expectations in each of your courses.
- Complete required daily homework.
- Communicate with administration and your teachers when you have a celebration, question or concern related to your schooling.
Students and parents we ask that you sit down together before the school year starts and read through the student handbook which can be found on our school's website, https://www.mlms.loganschools.org, under the parents and students tab. This will give you information about expectations, procedures and other information related to Mount Logan. If you have any questions about items in the student handbook, please contact a school counselor or administrator.
We look forward to a wonderful school year. Go Mountaineers!