What does USU STARS! GEAR UP stand for?
USU STARS! GEAR UP stands for Utah State University Science Technology Arithmetic Reading Students Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs.
What is the purpose of USU STARS?
USU STARS! is a federally funded program that was designed to help students prepare for and succeed in college. Seventh grade students from 13 selected schools (Cohort 1) and 12 selected schools (Cohort 2) will be followed in this program until they complete their first year of college in 2019 (Cohort 1) and 2022 (Cohort 2). Schools and community partners have teamed up to provide services to students to help them succeed in school now and succeed in college in the future. Parents and educators are also receiving workshops and training to help them better help their students.
- PSAT / SAT / ACT Prep
- Summer enrichment programs
- Saturday academies
- College credit courses
- Web design
- Robotics — combining science & technology
- Young Entrepreneurship Program
- College Awareness Workshops
- Career Awareness Workshops
- High school graduation requirements
- Academic counseling
- Mentoring programs
- Homework help/tutoring
- Educational/cultural field trips
- College tours
- Journalism Program — newspaper/magazine
- Creative Minds Filmmaking Program
- Teenage Art Collective
- College Ambassador Program
- Computer Technology Training
- High School Graduation Requirements
- How Can My Child Reach Academic Success?
- College Admissions
- College Education: Cost of Attendance
- Financial Aid and Scholarships
- College Campus Tours
Leigh Larsen, USU STARS! GEAR UP Site Coordinator
Mount Logan Middle School
435-755-2370 ext. 6123
For more information, please visit: